Pumping volumes must be calculated
precisely and accurately to ensure
bumping the plug goes smoothly during
the cementing process. Cementing
displacement values are often calculated
based on a manufacturer’s published ID
and volume specifications. Published specs
can often vary from the actual specs of
the casing string, resulting in problems
calculating cementing displacement. For
drilling operators, avoiding the added
expense of remedial operations saves time
Superior Performance Inc.'s Bump-a-Plug Casing ID Caliper takes the worry out of the cementing process with its speed and accuracy. This tool can help alleviate the issues of accurate bumping of the cementing plugs by providing quick, accurate measurement of casing string IDs. Once the data is collected, and an average ID is established, drilling and cementing engineers can quickly recalculate their casing string cementing displacement values.
The Bump-a-Plug system features a self-centering, three-point measurement head, operated using a hand-held pistol-style grip and trigger. The system provides accurate measurement within 0.00005 inch and stores this measurement digitally.
Calibration rings are provided to guarantee the system’s calibration is verified accurately and frequently. Sizes range from 7-inch to 20-inch casing options.
Superior Performance Inc.’s field representatives can provide tubular services in the pipe yard or at the rig site – on land or offshore. Bump-a-Plug services can be packaged with laser tally and thread inspection services for efficient tubular preparation management.
- Accurate ID measurement within 0.00005 inch
- Self-centering, three-point measurement head
- Sizes range from 7-inch to 20-inch casing options
- Calibration rings provided
- Services can be provided in the pipe yard or at the rig site - on land or offshore
- May be packaged with laser tally and thread inspection services
- Accurate calculation of cementing displacement values
- Error-free, quick and efficient measurements
- Covers most casing programs
- System calibration/accuracy may be checked quickly and frequently
- Flexible service scheduling
- One-stop shop for tubular preparation management
may be packaged with laser tally, thread inspection and repair services to get total tubular coverage.